Monday, March 21, 2011

Project 365 - No One Said It Would Be Easy

Guest Blog Post by David:

After working with Grant for the first 4 weeks, it seemed like I had started a journey that had no end. Here I am trying to break habits which I have formed over years and forcing myself to make changes for the better. To be perfectly honest, it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am still find myself eating fast food, just not every day as before. For me it’s almost too hard to force myself to cook after a long day of work and commuting. I will just have to keep motivating myself and working towards a healthier lifestyle.

Exercise has definitely become easier after struggling for the first few weeks. I see small improvements and I set small goals for myself. I find that it helps keep me motivated and gives me small accomplishments to boost my confidence. I think what helped me most was when Grant showed me a video of a guy, who was overweight much like myself. He started slowly with exercise and eventually meet his end result. So what I have been doing is keeping that in the back of mind and taking it a step at a time. My weight hasn’t changed much, but my body composition is - I definitely feel stronger and my energy levels are improving slowly. The coolest thing is that I am less out of breath when I go up the stairs, which is a big plus.

Emotionally I have both good and bad days. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to go through so much just be healthier. It feels like I have been punished for something but I have no idea what. It definitely effects my workouts and I think when I am feeling down my effort is also down. Right now I am having more good days than bad so hopefully things improve to the point where it’s hard to remember when I had a bad day.

I am still in the beginning of my journey and I have so much more to learn, it is hard but I feel like I can permanently change my life forever and I think that’s what keeps pushing me forward.

2 comments:

  1. good luck, we are rooting for you. Each journey starts with one step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! David, I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling results and that all of your hard work if paying off!

    Cooking dinner after a long day is definitely really tough and takes getting used to. I hear ya on that! What helps me big time is planning all of our dinners in advance. Every weekend, we plan and shop for what we'll need for meals in the coming week. It makes it so much easier to cook when we know exactly what we're making each night and have all of the ingredients on hand. And of course, we always plan very simple/quick prep meals for weeknights! We typically cook 3-4 nights each week and then have leftovers on other nights. Once you get into the routine, it will get easier!

    Keep it up!!! Can't wait to see you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete